General gaming news and discussion

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Yuli Ban

Re: General gaming news and discussion

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:50 am

Oh god how many versions now :lol:

If I have a better computer then I may get it
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:26 pm
My favourite game of 1996. :) The Shambler is one of the scariest monsters I ever encountered in a video game.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

Great. I've had the Steam version for years (bought on a sale), but haven't even installed it. Now it's a good time to do it!

Modern Vintage Gamer (youtuber) was a senior developer on the project for the last 18 months, he made a video about it.

Fortunately we can now train with bots before we jump into multiplayer or LAN play. It now has got depth of field, anti-aliasing, enhanced models, widescreen support, 4K support, original soundtrack and expansions included + a new one by Machinegames. I am all for improving good old games for modern machines.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

The thing is, we are seeing lots of re-releases, remasters and remakes. Not a whole lot of fresh new ideas and innovation.

Indie devs are being more bold in game design more often than AAA devs. One thing is that whenever they try to change something, gamers cry that they prefer the old ways (look at the CoD series for example).

And if you look at Far Cry 5 you see a drop in physics sophistication compared to Far Cry 2. If you look at Cyberpunk 2077, you see AI being less convincing than in GTA 4 (or even older games).

The only given is graphical improvement.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »