General gaming news and discussion

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Time_Traveller

General gaming news and discussion

Post by Time_Traveller »

This thread covers general gaming news within the gaming industry.

Bethesda’s ‘Starfield’ will reportedly be exclusive to Xbox and PC
Video game reporter and industry insider Jeff Grubb made the claims on Twitter while responding to a user that was asking for for clarification on the game’s exclusivity. “Starfield is exclusive to Xbox and PC. Period. This is me confirming that,” he wrote.
https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/be ... pc-2942002
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Ozzie guy

Re: General gaming news and discussion

Post by Ozzie guy »

I just purchased football manager 2021 I want to do some experiments in the game.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Stunning trailer...

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

The voice acting is out of control
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

So... I'm not exactly strapped for cash or anything. And I have plenty of free time. There's no good reason for me to not play more video games. Yet I don't. I just have atrocious time management skills, so I get my kicks through watching longplays.

Does anyone else do this?
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

‘Pokemon Legends: Arceus’ And The Diamond And Pearl Remakes Now Have Release Dates, And They’re Soon
May 26, 2021

If the nearly countless game delays announced over the past few years have got you down, we have fantastic news for you: all three Pokemon games previously announced during this year’s Pokemon 25th anniversary celebration now have release dates, and best of all, they’re soon. According a press release published by The Pokemon Company earlier today, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl — the highly-anitipcated remakes of 2006’s Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl — are coming to Switch on Nov. 19, 2021. In addition, the open-world action-RPG Pokemon Legends: Arceus is scheduled to launch on Jan. 28, 2022.
https://uproxx.com/edge/pokemon-legends ... ease-date/
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Report: Nintendo Releasing Switch Pro This Fall, Will Reveal Before E3
May 27, 2021

It’s been rumored for a long while now, but new reports suggest the Nintendo Switch Pro is real, will be revealed soon, and will be available for purchase before the end of the year.

This was sparked by a Bloomberg report this morning which says that the Switch Pro (not the official name, still) will be arriving in September or October of this year and that Nintendo is spooling up manufacturing for it this summer, even though there’s a parts shortage in the wake of the pandemic.

They also say that Nintendo will announce the Switch Pro before E3 in mid June, in order to give third party developers the freedom to announce their projects that are coming to the console, and to allow Nintendo to focus on first party offerings during E3 itself. Eurogamer subsequently confirmed this part of the reporting.

Previous rumors about the capabilities of the Switch Pro include the ability to render at 4K when in docked mode, and a higher quality handheld screen. These new reports say it will likely be priced higher than the current $299 Switch, which has not seen its official price drop since launch, because it’s continued to sell out constantly. No one expects the Switch Pro to rival the power of the recently released PS5 and Xbox Series X, of course.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... 3573a34c12

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

'Star Trek Online' launches new season with familiar faces amid a Klingon civil war
about 2 hours ago

A new season of "Star Trek Online" warped into action this week, bringing with it the conclusion to the game's Klingon civil war.

The new season, called "House United," dropped on PC Tuesday (May 25) and features the voices of several "Star Trek" television veterans as Klingon characters, which allows players to prove their worth before building an army and heading to Qo'noS (pronounced Kronos, the Klingon homeworld) for the final battle. (If you pursue Qapla' on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, however, your turn will have to wait until Aug. 3 when the season drops on those consoles.)
https://www.space.com/star-trek-online- ... -civil-war

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

The next mainline Sonic game comes to PC in 2022
May 27, 2021

If you’re still not over Sonic on Nintendo consoles, I’ve got news from this decade for you: Sonic’s on PC, too. Most of the blue hedgehog’s recent titles have launched simultaneously across PC and consoles, and Sega has wasted no time in confirming that the next big entry in the series will come to home computers, too.

The next Sonic game developed by Sonic Team doesn’t yet have a title, but it is due to launch in 2022 across PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X and S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and yes, PC. A brief teaser trailer simply shows Sonic running through a forest environment, leaving behind a trail that looks vaguely like the word ‘zap’.

That’s not the only Sonic game announced in today’s livestream. Sonic Colors: Ultimate is an updated version of the 2010 game due to launch on September 7, 2021, and this version is coming to PC – but only on the Epic Games Store for too. (With this precedent set, don’t be surprised if further Sonic games, including the newly-announced one, end up on Epic, too.)

The Sonic Origins collection, featuring Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic CD is also on the way, but no platforms have been announced so far.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/sonic-the-hedgehog/game-2022

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:15 am So... I'm not exactly strapped for cash or anything. And I have plenty of free time. There's no good reason for me to not play more video games. Yet I don't. I just have atrocious time management skills, so I get my kicks through watching longplays.

Does anyone else do this?

I tend to play, rather than watch, video games.

However, there's one series I've been particularly enjoying watching – and that's the Mortal Kombat 11 PS tournament open series.

It's hosted by Ketchup and Evan Hashimoto, who are brilliant commentators. The players are absolutely top-notch, literally the best in the world, and it's great to follow their progress through the quarter, semi, and grand finals.

You can see the latest one here, the North America tournament, streamed earlier this week: