General gaming news and discussion

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
mahuxybu

Re: General gaming news and discussion

Post by mahuxybu »

I think of purchasing Code Vein for from Xbox console. Is there someone who can tell me more about this game? It seems interesting, but I need some real opinions.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

It's finally official: Grand Theft Auto 6 is coming

By Andy Chalk published about 2 hours ago

We knew it was happening—I mean, obviously it was happening—but now it's official: Rockstar has confirmed that a new Grand Theft Auto is coming.

"With the unprecedented longevity of GTAV, we know many of you have been asking us about a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series," the studio said in the latest Grand Theft Auto community update.

"With every new project we embark on, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we have previously delivered—and we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway. We look forward to sharing more as soon as we are ready, so please stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for official details."

Note that it's not necessarily Grand Theft Auto 6 in name—a full, formal title wasn't given—but given how Rockstar has named the first five mainline games in the series, I think it's a reasonable bet the pattern will continue. Whatever it ends up being called, it will be very interesting to see how the tone of the game compares to previous entries in the series: Rockstar co-founder Dan Houser, one of the primary creative forces behind the Grand Theft Auto series, left the studio in 2020.

There's no indication of a release target, although the great likelihood is that it's still a long way off. In January, analysts predicted that the next Grand Theft Auto game wouldn't be out until sometime in Take-Two Interactive's 2024 fiscal year, dropping it sometime between April 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024. If precedent holds, PC gamers may have to wait even longer: The PC versions of Grand Theft Auto 4 and 5, and Red Dead Redemption 2, all came out well after the initial console releases: Eight months in the case of GTA4, and more than a year for GTA5 and Red Dead 2.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/its-finally- ... is-coming/

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Old video I made a few years back.

Capital ships were always a major highlight of the game. I am thinking of getting back into Elite, although I have some other games I want to play first.

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Ahead of the launch of Valve‘s new handheld PC, the Steam Deck, the publisher has released CAD files that will allow players to 3D print their own Steam Deck shell.

In a post to Steam, the publisher said: “Hello! Good news for all the tinkerers, modders, accessory manufacturers, or folks who just want to 3D print a Steam Deck to see how it feels.

“Today we’re making the CAD files for the external shell (surface topology) of Steam Deck available for download under a Creative Commons license. This includes an STP model, STL model, and drawings (DWG) for reference. You can find the files here.

“We’re looking forward to seeing what the community creates!”
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

I'm currently playing through this.

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Skyrim first released near the end of the year in 2011 has an infinite amount of quests. This occurs through a system where all the guilds and some other sigificant people have a quest or few that can be done over and over again with random locations or targets being selected from a big list. e.g. find this thing in this random dungeon. They also select rewards for these random quests from a big list (for some is is just a standerdized amount of money).

Elder scrolls 6 still has no release date and I think people were saying it might be 2025 or later.

Due to GPT3 and other improvements I think elderscrolls 6 could have truly random quests and rewards with for example GP4/5 inventing the quest, rewards and NPC dialogue on the spot. It will be interesting to see how it would go down, I think many gamers would actually be triggered over not all players having the same quests and rewards as they are not used to it. Maybe they could make the best items come from main quests that were written by humans.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

Looking at Fallout 76, do you really believe that Bethesda would make that ambitious of a game? Better prepare for a cashshop with clothes, armor, weapons and mounts. For me, the most important feature would be TES Construction Set.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.