When did the original future timeline forum first mention bitcoin?

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Ozzie guy

When did the original future timeline forum first mention bitcoin?

Post by Ozzie guy »

A story I occasionally tell people is that I knew about Bitcoin years ago when it was worth dollars or less due to this site.
Yuli Ban

Re: When did the original future timeline forum first mention bitcoin?

Post by Yuli Ban »

I couldn't tell you. It's not easy for me to search through my gimped archive since I was never able to get it to work properly (it still opens to raw text files, so I had to mass change all extensions to .html which requires me to search through them in File Explorer).

But you know something, I want to say that it might not even be on the original FT forums because it might've actually been on the ORIGINAL original FT forums. The ones that existed from 2009 to 2011. I'm fairly sure I recall it being mentioned in a 2010 or very early 2011 thread on those forums. Unfortunately, there exists extremely few archives for that forum, and the ones that exist even on Wayback Machine are completely busted.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:15 am I couldn't tell you. It's not easy for me to search through my gimped archive since I was never able to get it to work properly (it still opens to raw text files, so I had to mass change all extensions to .html which requires me to search through them in File Explorer).

But you know something, I want to say that it might not even be on the original FT forums because it might've actually been on the ORIGINAL original FT forums. The ones that existed from 2009 to 2011. I'm fairly sure I recall it being mentioned in a 2010 or very early 2011 thread on those forums. Unfortunately, there exists extremely few archives for that forum, and the ones that exist even on Wayback Machine are completely busted.
That's interesting it suggests I found this site around 2010-11 not 2013-14 like I thought. This actually does seem about right as I would have been 13-14 years old and could have confused my age with 2013-2014.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

WOW! If you guys were talking about bitcoin WAY back then I have found the right place to be. I was on a completely different mindset back around 2009 until 2016. If I had been more curious and researching on the internet more I would have found this place and business forums much earlier.

Even in off topic business discussions this forum was way ahead of things 8-)