The Movies Thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: The Movies Thread

Post by wjfox »

Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

I am thinking of watching this over my 2 week holiday at the end of the month/early September.

"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

wjfox wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:04 am
Yesterday i watched this with my friend and thought it was very good.

-H.G Wells.
RayKurzweilLovesCats

Post by RayKurzweilLovesCats »

Time_Traveller wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:24 pm
wjfox wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:04 am
Yesterday i watched this with my friend and thought it was very good.
A good film but not a good Bond film the ending was just ridiculous.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

I watched hangover 1 and 2 of late

A lot of the jokes were along the lines of "thats gay, gay is bad a monkey touched your thing its gay, transwoman slept with you gay haha N word haha funny racist word homophobic word haha" or random nudity.

The movies still kind of had a fun vibe but a lot of the humour was a swing and massive miss.

I think it kind of shows society has evolved a lot in the last 10 years or just that I have matured or gone through my own dramas for being a sexual minority so the humour doesn't resonate with me.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Exclusive: Sigourney Weaver Eyed To Return In New Alien Movie

By Faith McKay | 5 days ago

It’s been a long time since Sigourney Weaver last played Ellen Ripley. In fact, if you’re keeping track, she hasn’t portrayed the character since Alien: Resurrection, all the way back in 1997. The actress has moved on to other roles, and the franchise itself has moved onto other stories. But that doesn’t mean everyone has given up on seeing Ripley on screen again. Giant Freakin Robot has exclusively learned from one of our trusted and proven inside sources that Disney wants to see Sigourney Weaver return for their next Alien movie.

Our source shared with us what the studio wants to do, but we were unable to confirm what Sigourney Weaver thinks about her future as Ripley. Previously, she worked with Fox on her Alien movies. Since Disney acquired Fox a few years ago, they’ve been inventorying their new properties and making decisions on how to move forward. The latest Alien movies from Ridley Scott have been the prequels Prometheus and Covenant. Those movies don’t include Ripley and they haven’t done as well at the box office. The franchise has also been making Alien vs Predator movies, but these aren’t the same as the Sigourney Weaver projects in tone or audience.

Rebooting Alien in a way that will turn profitable is not going to be an easy task. After some failed attempts at Fox to bring the franchise back to popularity, it isn’t clear what the sci-fi horror movies need in order to become the kind of blockbuster Disney wants to see happen. Of course, Sigourney Weaver is a great place to start.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/e ... eaver.html