The Movies Thread

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: The Movies Thread

Post by wjfox »

JessieJim

Post by JessieJim »

I can't get to the movie Don't Worry Darling yet, is it worth it? who knows?
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Avatar: The Way Of Water passes $1bn at box office

27 minutes ago

Avatar: The Way Of Water has made $1bn (£831m) at the global box office in just 14 days, becoming the fastest film to pass the milestone this year.

The long-delayed sequel has proved a hit with audiences despite wildly varying reviews.

It is only one of three films to surpass $1bn this year, after Top Gun: Maverick and Jurassic World Dominion.

However, director James Cameron has said his technologically innovative movie needs to make $2bn to break even.

The film picks up after the events of 2009's Avatar, which is the highest-grossing film of all time, with box office receipts of $2.97 billion (£2.47 billion).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64115028

Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Just watched The Circle from 2007, similar to the Social Network.

"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Time_Traveller wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:22 am
wjfox wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:31 am I've just booked a ticket for Avatar 2... which I'll be viewing in 3D. 8-)

Edit: Just checked that screening, and it's sold out within a few minutes! That was close.
I'm seeing this after Christmas on the 30th during my week off (sort off, minus the Tuesday), can't wait to see it.
Update on this, i am now seeing this on the evening of the 20th or day of the 21st January as my friend rearranged it as he was ill aka Covid over the new year.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

New Lord of the Rings films in the works at Warner Bros

Thu 23 Feb 2023 22.22 GMT

Cinema is heading back to Middle-earth, with Warner Bros and New Line signing a deal to make more adaptations of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

Warner Bros Discovery’s chief executive, David Zaslav, announced on Thursday on an earnings call that a deal had been brokered to make “multiple” films based on JRR Tolkien’s books. The cost of the deal with Embracer Group, the Swedish gaming company that owns the rights to most of Tolkien’s world, has yet to be revealed.

The films will be developed through the Warner Bros production company New Line Cinema, which produced the trilogy made by the director Peter Jackson between 2001 and 2003. Those films grossed almost $3bn around the world, with the third instalment, The Return of the King, winning 11 Oscars including best picture at the Academy Awards.

In a joint statement to Variety, Jackson and his two closest Lord of the Rings collaborators, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, said Warner Bros and Embracer “have kept us in the loop every step of the way” about the new films.

“We look forward to speaking with them further to hear their vision for the franchise moving forward,” Jackson, Walsh and Boyens said.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/f ... arner-bros

Photograph: New Line Cinema/Sportsphoto/Allstar
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Just finished 2017's Wonder.

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

-H.G Wells.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »