AI-Generated Creations

Audio-visual media relating to science, technology and the future
Yuli Ban

Re: AI-Generated Creations

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

TrueAnimationFan

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

Stuff like this is both super cool and super creepy at the same time. Seeing AI generated imagery's improvement over the last 5 years has been like watching the world slowly become more meaningful and clear from the eyes of a baby becoming a small child.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Should be stressed that AI-generated media's been a thing since almost as long as AI itself. In fact, artificial creativity was one of the first applications of AI. Fittingly, AI-generated media was very "analog" for the longest time, clever algorithmic procedural generation. It's really only in the past decade that we've seen genuine hints of true AI imagination.
Remember when an AI imagining a cow blew everyone's minds? This was back in 2014:
Somewhere, in a glass building several miles outside of San Francisco, a computer is imagining what a cow looks like.

Its software is visualizing cows of varying sizes and poses, then drawing crude digital renderings, not from a collection of photographs, but rather from the software's "imagination."
It's ethereal, like looking at an actual thought bubble. Yet this is basically the primordial ooze of our current paradigm, where neural networks can general photorealistic cows on the fly. Or cubist cows. Or anime cows. Or any type of cow.

Post by Member »

TrueAnimationFan

Post by TrueAnimationFan »

Looks like some incomprehensible structure built by a transhuman a thousand years from now.

Post by Member »

TrueAnimationFan wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:45 am
Looks like some incomprehensible structure built by a transhuman a thousand years from now.
I would set it hundreds of years or even (many) decades from now, it's just a small dome made of unknown materials.
Last edited by Member on Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »