Random thoughts etc.

Anything that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere...
Ozzie guy

Random thoughts etc.

Post by Ozzie guy »

Another user has a thread to share his thoughts which inspired me to make this thread for anyone to share their thoughts.

Some people don't like that I constantly reframe things to boost my emotional state regardless these are two thoughts I've had of late.

I was thinking the yearly volume of improvement in AI feels similar to the amount of improvement I can achieve in my own life in a 2 maybe 3 month period. This suggests that if AI development speed doubles every 18 months like computational power the volume in AI improvement will be around the same as my volume of improvement in around 3-4.5 years. As I am obsessed with goal setting it feels cool that AI will be developing at levels akin to realistic human goals. Later of course it's volume of improvement will be way beyond adult human improvement speed leading to AI development exponentially closing the gap between me and AI no matter how hard I work on myself.

I was also thinking with compounding growth in AI being noticeable and the insane things to come, your life is not to different to a famous entrepreneur years ago like Jeff Bezos starting Amazon. You can kind of view AI like company you just started that is growing and going to explode in the benefit it provides you in the future, such as Amazon or Facebook making you a Billionaire.